Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beer Haul


YAY BEER
I recently took a little trip to our local specialty beer and wine shop; Tipples. It was completely overwhelming and amazing. They have one of the most comprehensive selections of beers I have seen. They feature items from craft breweries all over the world.
I want to expand my beer palette eventually but for the time being I stuck to what I know. I purchased mainly Stouts and Imperial Reds(my current favorite).



Here are links to the brewers website so you can read what they have to say about their beer:

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

FCB Red Banshee



Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale

As of this posting I have only tried the Lagunitas. As far as Imperial Reds go this one tops my list. I will always have a special place in my heart for Sciaenhops but this is a nice substitute. It poured a deep amber with a nice head. The flavor was predominately mellow hops, very drinkable considering the high alcohol content.
The problem with drinking limited release beers is that availability is spotty. I know that's the point of "limited" release but these beers are usually some of the best available. It is disheartening to find a beer you love only to never be able to find it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is appreciated :)